"I feel confident knowing that I can always get in touch with NASBTT for advice and guidance if needed. A brilliant organisation!"
Raz Rahman, SCITTELS
"Am truly grateful to the NASBTT team who are all so warm, knowledgeable and supportive, I have learnt so much and been given huge confidence by NASBTT."
Kelly Richens, Basingstoke Alliance SCITT
The National Association of School-Based Teacher Trainers (NASBTT) represents the interests of schools-led teacher training provision in relation to the development and implementation of national policy developments.
Our Members include SCITT providers, School Direct Lead Schools, Teaching School Hubs and HEIs as well as a range of other organisations involved in the education and professional development of teachers. We have more than 225 Members representing in excess of 10,000 individual trainees.
NASBTT is the voice of schools-led initial teacher training and represents our Members’ interests, ensuring that sector views are shared and help to inform future policy decisions. Our representation and advocacy work is informed by consultation with our Members and key priorities for the sector which have included the market review/future of school-based ITT, curriculum design and assessment, Early Career Framework/ECT support, NPQs, mentoring, subject knowledge enhancement, mental health and wellbeing, diversity and inclusion and SEND. Find out more about NASBTT here.
NASBTT membership includes a wide range of benefits and resources:
- Sector representation in relation to the development and implementation of national policy
- Opportunities to discuss and share feedback on sector relevant issues
- Opportunities to engage and collaborate with other Members
- Personalised support, advice and guidance from the NASBTT Team
- Bespoke Member support
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders for updates and information
- Member-only tailored content, resources and communications
- NASBTT’s Member Blog for relevant updates and news
- NASBTT’s Weekly Newsletter for key sector updates and information
- NASBTT’s guidance and toolkits
- Member rates for events and training
- Tailored CPD
- Occupational health and widening access support
- Legal advice and support
- NASBTT’s Subject Development Resources* - on-demand videos and curated subject resources to support trainee subject development
- NASBTT Elevate My Maths (EMM) - online diagnostic assessment and upgrading modules for applicants and trainees
- NASBTT Learn* – online CPD packages to support and enhance Members’ training offer for trainees and ECTs
- NASBTT’s Mentor Development Modules* - a flexible suite of training resources to support mentor development in response to the 2024 mentoring requirements
- NASBTT’s Teacher Educator and Mentoring Zone - designed to support the professional learning and development of Teacher Educators and Mentors
- NASBTT’s National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)* - contextualised specifically to support colleagues working in ITT partnerships.
- NASBTT’s Video Resource Bank* - designed for use in training and development programmes; edited purposefully, videos include optional pause points and suggested reflection questions to support learning
- Essential Guides for Early Career Teachers* book series - edited by Emma Hollis, NASBTT Executive Director
- Discounted offers from NASBTT partners
* An annual subscription and additional charges apply.
Membership Fees for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
Register for NASBTT Membership
To become a NASBTT Member, please complete the form below.