Location: Based at Trinity Primary School, Exeter
Salary: NJC Grade E, 16-22 £23,386 – £26,336
Work pattern: 37 hours a week. Term time only, plus 5 weeks (to be agreed during school holidays)
Closing date: 9am on 6th May (Interviews – 13th May)
Start date: 14th June 2021
Devon Primary SCITT is a partnership of schools across Devon that was established in 1999 to train new primary school teachers across the county. We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and well-organised Business Manager, with excellent interpersonal skills, to join our small, friendly team based in Exeter.
With responsibility for delivering effective administrative and financial management, as well as acting as the first point of contact to the partnership, the post holder plays a key role in supporting our success as an outstanding provider of initial teacher training.
The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a high level of self-reliance, creativity, and initiative. Working independently for much of the time, they will receive full expert HR and finance support and be an integral part of a small, dynamic team. Whilst useful, previous experience in education is not essential for the role.
- Provide high quality admin support for the DPSCITT Director and wider partnership.
- Promote the values, vision and ethos of DPSCITT and support trainees’ welfare.
- Maintain positive relationships and excellent communication with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate, book and ensure resources are available for training sessions.
- Maintain effective systems for tracking and reporting trainees’ progress.
- Promote and market DPSCITT, maintaining the website and social media accounts.
- Support recruitment processes, organising interview days and processing offers.
- Manage financial processes and monitor & report on DPSCITT finances.
- Contribute to the analysis, evaluation and continuous improvement of DPSCITT.
The Devon Primary SCITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.