SCITTELS (which stands for School Centred Initial Teacher Training in East London Schools) is looking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and dedicated Professional Tutor to work as a member of our outstanding teacher training programmes. We are a consortium of schools within East London who work in close partnership to provide outstanding initial teacher training, leading to the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) through delivering: SCITTELS PGCE, School Direct PGCE and School Direct Salaried courses. We have also been validated to run an innovative 3 year degree programme: BA Primary and Early Years Education with QTS.
We are looking for Outstanding Primary Practitioners who have experience of delivering a first class education within inclusive, diverse and challenging schools. At SCITTELS, we provide a high level of individualised support to our trainees, ensuring that they make rapid and sustained progress and are well prepared for teaching in East London and further afield.
The role of the Primary Professional Tutor
You will work alongside a team of Tutors and to deliver outstanding professional development sessions to primary trainees. You will directly support a group of trainees, working with their School Based Mentors to ensure the trainees are developing their practice and are provided with training that is highly relevant to their needs.
The role would include:
· Tracking and supporting trainee teachers’ progress
· Supporting professional and school based tutors in carrying out their role
· Communicating with and visiting partnership schools
· Working with others in the team to support developments in ITT
· Deliver centre based training sessions
What we offer:
· Opportunity to work in a well-established, Outstanding ITT provider
· Support through CPD
· Opportunities to work with a growing partnership network across East London
· Offer of Free Masters credits with Birmingham City University
Prior experience of Initial Teacher Training is preferred, but not essential. For an informal discussion or
to visit us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also visit our website: www.scittels.co.uk
Start date: September 2020
Closing date: 20th April 2020
MPS/UPS + TLR if applicable
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools