Are you an experienced CPD facilitator with demonstrable expertise in a National Curriculum subject?
Do you understand the issues facing the ITT sector?
Are you comfortable working with people in leadership roles?
We are seeking passionate and experienced subject experts for Secondary Computing and Secondary Mathematics to join our charity as Subject Specialist Associate Consultants. We are looking specifically for people that have demonstrable subject expertise in the National Curriculum subject and two years’ minimum experience in teacher development and CPD. An excellent working knowledge of the ITT sector, including the expectations of the ITT Core Content Framework and the new Ofsted Inspection Framework for ITE (September 2020 onwards) is essential.
What we do
NASBTT is a registered charity which represents the interests of schools-led teacher training provision in relation to the development and implementation of national policy developments.
Our members include SCITT providers, School Direct Lead Schools, Teaching Schools and HEIs as well as a range of other organisations involved in the education and professional development of teachers.
We have more than 200 members representing in excess of 12,000 trainees.
What we are looking for
The purpose of the Associate Consultant’s role is to support the delivery of high-quality services with a particular focus on integrating excellent subject knowledge across programmes of ITT. Associate Consultants will work alongside our core team, ensuring they feel connected to the work of the organisation.
We anticipate the role will require a commitment of up to 1.5 days per half-term, dependent on a range of factors.
Adapting to supporting Teacher Educators in the current environment
Due to changes in the Ofsted Inspection criteria, the introduction of the ITT Core Content Framework and the Early Career Framework, we have recognised the increasing importance of subject specific expertise in our sector. Additionally, in response to the current global situation all delivery now takes place online. The services that Associate Consultants will be offering are:
- Supporting with the development and delivery of NASBTT Networks Live (online subject specific sessions delivered to trainee teachers, Early Career Teachers and mentors)
- The design, organisation and facilitation of ITT Subject Lead training, development and networking opportunities
- One-to-one support for ITT providers on the integration of subject across an ITT curriculum
- Liaison and development of relationships with Subject Associations and key stakeholders
- Developing our Member offer with subject specific resources and materials
By joining our Associate Consultant team you will:
- Have an opportunity to make a real impact on the development of the teaching workforce
- Share the passion and expertise you have for your subject
- Work with a range of highly motivated professionals across the ITT sector
- Become part of a supportive and friendly organisation
- Be paid £250 per day plus reasonable expenses
We are seeking Associate Consultants in the following subject areas:
- Mathematics – for 2022-2023 academic year in the first instance
For more information on what the role requires, please review the role description and person specification.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter letting us know why you are interested in this role to Alison Hobson. Please include Associate Consultant and your name in the subject header and we will be in touch to discuss.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we advise submitting as soon as possible and by Friday, 2nd September 2022. at the latest. Discussions will take place with interested individuals on an ongoing basis.