Salary: £55,338 to £61,166 – dependent on experience and professional qualifications
Location: National, Remote working, mobile
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a strategic National Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Lead who can provide effective leadership of Primary and Early Years Teacher Training through REAch2’s ITT alliance, The REAch Teach Primary Partnership. With a partnership of over 60 primary schools, The REAch Teach Primary Partnership offers national School Direct PGCE and Teaching Apprenticeship programmes through a local cluster model. We are ambitious in achieving our goal of accreditation in line with the new ITT Quality Requirements and need an exceptional individual who will have an immediate impact to drive our development and bring deep ITT expertise to the organisation.
Successful delivery and development of ITT programmes across the Trust is one of the highest priorities within Learning and Development (L&D). The role supports the REAch2 Touchstones through a focus on the quality of learning for trainee teachers, the development of leadership skills across the organisation and opportunities for progression through our teacher educator career pathway.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- an experienced strategic leader, able to develop and improve teacher effectiveness
- skilled in applying relevant research in education to curriculum design and pedagogy
- a natural collaborator, able to network and build strong, productive professional partnerships
- passionate and committed to equality so that our ITT provision supports our Diversity and Inclusion agenda.
Working closely with all trainees and alliance partners, you will provide effective leadership of Primary and Early Years Teacher Training for The REAch Teach Primary Partnership and promote, develop and enhance provision.
As a key member of the Learning and Development team, you will be directly responsible for:
- Establishing, designing, and delivering highly effective initial teacher training (ITT) provision.
- ITT strategic leadership, management, quality assurance and compliance
- Developing and maintaining excellent professional partnerships with schools and other stakeholders, including the DfE, Ofsted, ESFA, UCAS (or its successor), Universities, REAch2 Academy Trust Trustees and other external agencies.
This is a permanent role reporting to the Head of Learning and Development, with high visibility and huge potential to develop the ITT provision.
We offer a flexible work location for this role, very competitive salary plus membership of the generous Teachers Pension Scheme, 28 days’ holiday (rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service) and great career development opportunities. As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme and access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’ – which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.
For a detailed Job Description and our application form visit Careers – REAch2 Academy Trust
For an informal discussion about the role please contact: Andrea Wright, Head of Learning & Development email@example.com.
Application Process: Please send all completed application forms to: HRSupport@reach2.org.
Closing date: Thursday 26th May 2022 at 12.00 noon (midday)
Short listing of applicants: Monday/Tuesday 30th/31st May 2022.
Interviews & Assessment: 9th June 2022 location to be confirmed.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role.