Salary: £22,368 – £24,491 (FTE)
Hours: 30 Hours per week
Work Pattern: 8.00 – 1.00 Monday – Wednesday; 8.00 – 1.00, 1.30 – 4.00 Thursday – Friday
Location: PCP SCITT Building, Holy Family Catholic Primary School, Southampton
Closing date: Friday 14th January 2022
Interview: Monday 17th January 2022
PCP SCITT requires an excellent Administrative Assistant to join our outstanding provision. You will need to be motivated and enjoy working within an environment that is constantly busy. You will be responsible for providing professional and comprehensive administrative support to the core SCITT team, teacher trainees and wider partnership. Excellent IT, organisational and communication skills are essential, alongside having close attention to detail and the ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team. Previous experience of working in an academic role would be an advantage but is not essential.
- To undertake a variety of administrative and clerical procedures to support the efficient running of the SCITT office and administrative processes.
- To take responsibility for managing administrative procedures in relation to trainee recruitment and induction under the direction of the SCITT Director
- To take responsibility for managing administrative procedures in relation to marketing including events, documentation and updating of the SCITT website, under the direction of the SCITT Director
- To take responsibility for maintaining and reporting records of trainee attendance
- To support the SCITT Director and School Experience Coordinator in administrative systems to support Quality Assurance procedures.
- To act as a positive and professional representative of the SCITT, answering telephone calls, receiving visitors and dealing with routine enquiries and emails;
- To provide PA/support service to the SCITT Director, which may include organisation of events, arranging meetings and taking minutes;
- To draft and type a variety of correspondence, reports, minutes and other documents as required;
- To maintain office systems and records, including confidential items;
- To use computer systems (e.g.Word, Excel and Microsoft Teams) to input details, manage data, run reports and make returns as required;
- To liaise with other SCITT personnel and outside agencies/organisations, in respect of a varied range of issues, as appropriate;
- To assist with the design, preparation and production of documents including the SCITT Handbook, partnership agreements, policies etc;
- To support trainees and others in the use of and access to IT systems
- To provide curriculum support to tutors, including photocopying and preparation of / access to materials;
- To undertake personnel and financial administration as required, or liaise with other members of the team in carrying out these functions;
- To carry out any other administrative procedure, within the responsibility level of the post, as directed by the Director, School Experience Coordinator or Business Manager.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Job Description, Person Specification and application form.