Job Title: SCITT Primary Programme Lead
Location: The Atkins Centre Sidcup
Salary / salary range: L6 – L11 depending on experience
Fixed term for one year in the first instance Part time 0.5 (must be able to work on a Monday).
Closing date: Noon on Monday 18th May
Interview date: 21st or 22nd May
Start date: 1st September 2020
Could you lead and develop a primary 5-11 teacher-training programme, which will inspire the next generation of teachers?
TKAT (The Kemnal Academies Trust) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South of England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family.
TKAT SCITT is a well-established, successful Primary and Secondary initial teacher training programme, working with our academy and partner schools to train and develop the next generation of teachers.
Our head office and main training centre is based at The Atkins Centre in Sidcup, Kent. We work with our partner schools across the South East of England. The SCITT team are supportive, highly motivated and hardworking, our priority is to deliver high quality teacher training which will ensure our trainees can become outstanding practitioners.
TKAT SCITT wishes to appoint an inspiring, dynamic and well-organised professional to work alongside the SCITT leadership team to manage and develop the Primary SCITT programme
You will have an understanding of teacher training and proven track record of school leadership. You will work with the SCITT management team and partner schools to ensure the best outcomes for the trainees. This is an exciting opportunity for a middle or senior leader to make an impact on the teachers of the future.
The programme lead will be required to visit the partner schools across the partnership, so will need use of a car and a willingness to travel.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the position please contact Sacha Beresford (Director of SCITT) 07525 250 750.
For this role, you will have:
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent primary classroom practitioner with QTS
- Experience of training, coaching and mentoring within ITT
- Evidence of recent professional development
Knowledge, Skills and Teaching and Learning:
- Up to date pedagogical knowledge and commitment to professional development
- Clear understanding of what is effective teaching and learning
- Ability to lead by example and inspire others to achieve positive results
- Ability to work collaboratively with other schools and institutions
- Current knowledge of Curriculum development
- Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills
- A commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and an up to date knowledge of child protection.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
For more information please contact email@example.com.