Job Title: Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Associate
Hours of Work: 5-month contract Part-Time or Full-Time
Salary: Negotiable / this could be a secondment opportunity
The Titan Partnership is a unique education network of Primary and Secondary Schools, FE Colleges, Universities and Private Training Providers in Birmingham.
Titan is driven entirely by the needs of our members who inform and shape our strategic direction and priorities. In an increasingly challenging education environment Titan is proud to support leaders and teachers in demonstrating the resilience, tenacity and innovation needed to build successful and sustainable organisations.
With a focus on inclusion, diversity, collaboration, skills and employability, Titan is providing the support that our members need to succeed, and by working with employers across the city we are transforming the lives of young people, unlocking their potential, and raising aspirations. Also, through our specialist Initial Teacher Training Programmes, NQT and CPD offers, we are supporting schools to recruit and retain the very best leaders and teachers of tomorrow.
With an inclusive and innovative approach to leadership and staff development and meaningful employer engagement, we are transforming the life chances of young people through our unique education network.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the ITT Manager to ensure the successful delivery of the Titan Partnership Initial Teacher Training programmes. These programmes include the Primary and Secondary SCITT and School Direct routes, the Assessment Only Route and the End Point Assessments for the Teaching Apprenticeships.
Introduction to Titan Initial Teacher Training
Titan Teacher Training aims to provide the highest quality Initial Teacher Training to trainees, equipping them with the confidence, skills and abilities to become effective teachers. Our aim is to provide high quality, flexible and resilient teachers for the teaching profession generally and for inner-city schools in particular. Schools within our Partnership have established strong working relationships, which are based upon trust and a commitment to serve the educational needs of the inner- city.
For more information please visit our website
SCITT & School Direct Co-ordination & Delivery
- Support the ITT Manager with the effective day-to-day delivery across all ITT programmes
- Support the ITT Manager in ensuring all ITT processes and procedures are appropriate for the ITT programmes
- Support the ITT Manager in ensuring that all programme design, materials and delivery components are in place
- Support the ITT Manager in sourcing unique short-term placements that may be offered to Titan ITT trainees g. SEND and Alternative Provision Placements, Career Advice, Mental Health & Well-Being of trainees etc.
- Support the Finance & Operations Manager in managing the SCITT budget, ensuring value for money and best practice
- Deliver Induction Programmes to trainees and Teacher Educators
- Ensure that trainees are well supported, quality training is taking place, appropriate targets are being set and the Teachers’ Standards are being accurately assessed
- Monitor and support trainees by providing academic and pastoral support
- Co-coordinate the work of all Professional Tutors
- Observe trainees during the assessed teaching period. Provide high quality written and verbal feedback on the quality of trainees’ lessons
- Deliver training sessions when required
- Contribute to the weekly taught ‘Broader Educational Issues’ sessions
Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Undertake Quality Assurance visits to schools which include ensuring the quality of teacher educators and tutors.
- Continuous monitoring of assessment of trainees across the various ITT programmes
- Assess and moderate trainee assignments
- Implement and monitor cause for concern procedures
- Attend and contribute at all ITT meetings (internal & external)
- Report to the Titan ITT Management Group, Titan ITT Operational Group and Titan ITT Progression Board in support of the ITT Manager
Marketing & Communication
- Support the ITT Manager with selection, recruitment, and interview of potential trainees for SCITT and School Direct Programmes (2022-23)
- Support the Marketing Executive with the marketing and promotion of the Titan ITT programmes
- Attend marketing and recruitment events and fairs to raise the profile and increase recruitment onto the Titan ITT programmes
- Provide effective and timely communication with key personnel in partner schools and organisations
- Provide effective liaison with external organisations and validating bodies in relation to the delivery of the Titan ITT programmes including:
- DfE – Ensure the Titan ITT programmes remain compliant with current DfE ITT legislation
- Keep up to date with the latest ITT criteria
- Teaching Apprenticeship End Point Assessment – keep up to date with all Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) requirements
- NASBTT – keep up to date with the latest NASBTT recommendations and receive training to ensure latest pedagogy is known and utilised on the programmes
- Birmingham City University (BCU) – support the ITT Manager and CEO with the partnership requirements associated with BCU accreditation of Titan ITT programmes
Teaching Apprenticeships / End Point Assessment
- Conduct all End Point Assessments (EPAs) with trainees at Wolverhampton University
- Liaise with relevant staff at Wolverhampton University in relation to the Teaching Apprenticeship / End Point Assessment
- To carry out other duties, as requested, commensurate with the post
Salary and other benefits
Salary: Negotiable / could be a secondment opportunity
Annual leave: 24 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays and concessionary days / or part of secondment
Sick leave: As per company policy
Pension: Competitive pension scheme/or part of secondment
Hours of work: Full-time or Part-time
Application and Interview Process
All applications must be submitted using the application form provided. For further details and an application form, please download information from the Titan website www.titan.org.uk
You may wish to also send an up-to-date CV however if the application form is not completed your application will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 28th July, 2021 at 12 noon. Please submit your application form by email to email@example.com or by post to Shazia Hussain, Titan Partnership, 75 Harborne Road, Birmingham B15 3DH.
Interviews will be held w/c 2nd August, 2021 The interviews will be held face to face at the Titan offices in the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce. As part of the interview process, you will be required to deliver a 10-minute presentation, the content of which will be detailed in the interview letter.
Titan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks and an enhanced DBS check.