NASBTT is pleased to be working in partnership with the Teacher Development Trust to offer the National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD), contextualised specifically to support colleagues working in ITT partnerships.
The NPQLTD is a recommended qualification for Lead Mentors working within ITT partnerships, as set out in the DfE’s quality requirements for 2024. Undertaking this qualification through NASBTT will allow colleagues to work alongside a cohort of ITT professionals, contextualise the learning to our sector and share and build upon the extensive ITT expertise that exists within our membership and further afield.
Find out more about Teacher Development Trust.
Applications Now Open
Applications are now open for Spring 2024 in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Please note places are limited and applications will close once the cohort is full. Start your application process now via the form below.
National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
Suitable for: Those responsible for teacher development, contextualised specifically to support colleagues working in ITT partnerships
Length: 12 months
Study time: 55.5 to 65.5 hours of study, including three 4-hour face-to-face sessions and 30 to 40 hours online study (depending on participant's prior experience) *
Programme start date: Spring Term 2024
Location: We are offering face to face sessions in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Dates and times for face-to-face sessions to be confirmed.
Lead successful teacher progression and development in your school
- Gain a prestigious, government-backed qualification and make progress in your career
- Lead the development of staff through coaching, mentoring and designing the highest quality CPD programmes
- Learn flexibly around your job with a blend of online learning, virtual sessions and face-to-face sessions
- Ideal for those who have, or are aspiring to have, the role of Lead Mentor within an ITT provider.
Benefits for you
A ground-breaking course for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school.
Our NPQLTD qualification is aligned to the Chartered College of Teaching’s Chartered Teacher and Chartered Leader Status, providing a springboard for your next steps.
Benefits for participants
- Develop expertise in supporting Initial Teacher Training and Early Career Teachers, as well as the wider development of all colleagues across the school
- A blended learning experience which fits around your role where you learn and discuss key content online
- Virtual and face-to-face sessions that focus on real problem-solving, creating understanding, connecting with your peers and gaining depth of knowledge
- Ongoing preparation to give you confidence to pass the final assessment
- Facilitation and support from experienced practitioners
Benefits for your organisation
- A skilful and research-informed teacher development professional who can lead the golden thread of Initial Teacher Training, early career development and ongoing professional learning
- Practical capability for developing others with the skills to lead people and teams, creating change and impact
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach leading teacher development in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation
A 12-month blend of flexible online learning, online discussion, virtual sessions and face-to-face sessions. This is followed by an eight-day assessment window where you will complete a 1,500-word case study assessment to demonstrate your understanding of real leadership and change.
Our online modules guide you and your colleagues through understanding and implementing effective approaches to people-powered school improvement.
This specialist NPQ has an evidence-based curriculum design, connecting you to the latest research and best practice. Our research-rich course covers all of the core content in the government’s Framework for this qualification and this is aligned with core themes around effective communication, creating change, working with teams and managing yourself.
Key areas include:
- Understanding the new Early Career Framework and effective teaching
- Designing effective professional development programmes and environments
- Delivering impactful training including coaching and mentoring
- Creating effective change and implementation