“The NASBTT voice is tremendously important. As a Teaching School we get our voice heard at a regional level, but to be represented by the national body of SCITTs and School Direct lead schools is incredibly valuable. Emma Hollis (NASBTT Executive Director) is in a great position to champion our cause in political and policy circles. Overall, I feel welcomed and valued as a member. NASBTT makes a difference to a lot of staff.”
Joanne Clipsham, Sharing Excellence Partnership
The National Association of School-Based Teacher Trainers (NASBTT) represents the interests of schools-led teacher training provision in relation to the development and implementation of national policy developments. Our members include SCITT providers, School Direct Lead Schools, Teaching Schools and HEIs as well as a range of other organisations involved in the education and professional development of teachers. We have more than 200 members representing in excess of 12,000 individual trainees.
Key Benefits of Membership
- Representation of the sector in relation to the development and implementation of national policy developments
- Access to member-only tailored content and resources through the NASBTT website including publication libraries, stakeholder resources and useful links
- Opportunities to discuss and feed back on matters relevant to the sector through, polls and events
- Opportunity to engage with other members through NASBTT forums and workshops
- Access to a wide and extensive range of CPD opportunities
- Reduced rates for NASBTT Events
- Personalised phone and email support, advice and guidance from the NASBTT team on all aspects relating to ITT
- Direct access to colleagues at the DfE to obtain updates and information, provide feedback and ask questions at our Stakeholder Meetings
- NASBTT's member blog
- Weekly email newsletter through which relevant updates and news are shared
- NASBTT’s Publications and Toolkits including: Management Handbook for Schools-Led Initial Teacher Training, Curriculum Design and Assessment Toolkit, Subject Knowledge for Teaching Toolkit and ITT SEND Toolkit
- NASBTT’s Teacher Educator Programmes (TEPs) and Administrator Training Programmes (ATPs)
- NASBTT’s Management Support Partner (MSP) Programme and Administrator Support Partner (ASP) Programme
- NASBTT’s Elevate My Maths (NASBTT EMM)
- NASBTT Learn - online CPD modules to support and enhance your training offer for trainees and NQTs (discounted rates for members)
- Free membership to the UK ENIC (NARIC) Premium service to access international qualification databases (usually at a cost of £7,500 plus VAT)
- Occupational health and widening access support package including discounted OH services and NASBTT funded support for understanding reasonable adjustments
- Legal advice and support including an initial half hour consultation funded by NASBTT
- Powerful Action Steps tracking and target setting for mentors and trainees (discounted rates for members)
- Essential Guides for Early Career Teachers book series (discounted rates for members)
- NASBTT’s Trainee Subject Networks
- NASBTT’s Trainee Resource Area
- NASBTT's Teacher Educator and Mentoring Zone
- Other discounted offers from NASBTT partners
Membership Fees 2021-2022
- £429.51 per institution
- Plus £13.89 per postgraduate and undergraduate trainee registered on all programmes as per the ITT census*
- £429.51 per institution
- Plus £13.89 per postgraduate trainee registered on all programmes as per the ITT census*
* If your provider does not appear on the ITT census, we will contact your separately to collect your trainee numbers.
For Associate Membership
- £429.51 per organisation.
For Teaching School Hub Membership
- £800.00 per Teaching School Hub.
For Local Authority Membership
- £800.00 per Local Authority.
For Corporate Membership
- £800.00 per organisation.
Membership fees will be calculated pro rata for institutions or organisations that join mid year.
Register for NASBTT Membership
To become a NASBTT member please complete the form below.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Members agree to abide by the Membership Terms and Conditions.