Primary Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Programme Leader
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £47,405 per annum
Closing date: 17 Jan 2022
Working Style: Community-based worker
Please note this is a fixed term contract until 31st August 2022 working remotely alongside visits to schools in the partnership.
Essex Teacher Training is part of Essex County Council and provides Teacher Training programmes to schools in the eastern region. The Commissioner (ITT) sits in this team, to contribute to the development of improved learning for all in schools and other settings.
Programme Leader will take the lead for the provision and development of Primary ITT and the provision of high quality early professional development through effective teacher training programmes.
The role requires qualified teacher status (QTS) and previous experience of managing initial teacher training/mentoring/NQT induction/ITT partnership. With a proven ability to provide practical solutions to training issues within schools and a well-informed perspective on major aspects of curriculum development, a deep understanding of the principles of effective teaching and learning and proven ability to provide practical solutions to teacher development within schools.
- Be the subject matter expert for Primary ITT and work strategically to deliver the vision and approach to the Council’s ITT/NQT provision.
- Act as a link between the Council and partnerships/schools to share expertise, enhance teacher development and broker support as required.
- Plan, develop and implement cost effective training which enables schools, other institutions, and the Council to fulfil their statutory requirements across the Council’s ITT/NQT programmes. Monitoring the effectiveness of the training and identifying and implementing areas for change.
- Accountable for co-ordinating the work of subject tutors and associates, ensuring all taught elements of the programme conform to the statutory requirements for ITT/NQT and all ITT trainees/ NQTs receive high quality provision.
- Contribute to the design and co-ordination of submission of ITT scheme bids.
- Work collaboratively with the Teacher Training Agency and other national and regional organisations on issues of ITT/NQT.
- Market the provision to schools providing responsive, quality, practical advice and solutions in collaboration with head teachers, governing bodies and schools on matters relating to initial teacher training/NQTs and teacher development.
- Oversee the preparation and quality of individual training programmes for ITT trainees/ NQTs and ensure the assessment is in accordance with the statutory requirements for the award of qualified teacher status/induction.
- Manage and support the training of new and existing ITT/NQT mentors/tutors ensuring an adequate number are available from a representative cross-section of phases and experience.
- Establish and contribute to effective research and development activities related to designated areas or aspects of the curriculum.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to RQF Level 6 (Bachelor’s degree) or above and possesses qualified teacher status (QTS).
- Previous experience of managing initial teacher training/mentoring/NQT induction/ITT partnership.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Well informed perspective on major aspects of curriculum development, with a deep understanding of the principles of effective teaching and learning.
- Experience of participating in curriculum projects, initiatives, research and development with proven ability to provide practical solutions to teacher development within schools.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Effective contribution to school improvement through own teaching experience and consultancy, supporting them in developing effective policies and the practical application of these.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please contact email@example.com
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information, please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.